Monday, May 30, 2011

Garlic Monograph


I work my body real hard both mentally and physically. If I get six hours asleep that is really good for me. This is why there is one herb that I use consistently every day. Yes that's right I eat Garlic every day, raw. Because that's the only way that you can get the full benefit of this supper food, by eating it raw. So for this reason I choose garlic to be the first monograph that I am going to write up.

Common name – Garlic

Botanical name - Allium sativum

Parts Used:  Root bulb and oil

Properties - alterative, anthelmintic,anti-cancer, antimicrobial, antioxidant, antiparasitic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, carminative, detoxifier, disinfectant, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, stimulant.

Garlic can be helpful with a long list of bodily ailments – Asthma, atherosclerosis, colds, colic, convulsions, cough, ear infection, edema, flue, heart disease, hemorrhoids, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, impotence, indigestion, paralysis, rheumatism, skin disease, T.B, tremor, tumor, round worms and east infection.

How much to take? I believe that everyone would benefit from eating one fresh clove of garlic every day. Be warned that it is a potent tasting herb and is easiest eaten mixed with other foods. If you are suffering from any disease that you are trying to treat with garlic, I would recommend three to six cloves a day.

Note: garlic is also available in capsules that can be effective as well.

Easy salad recipe:

1 tablespoon of cold press olive oil

Juice from ½ lemon

2 medium size garlic cloves

2 cups of cut lettuce

Directions – crush the garlic into the oil and lemon juice mix well and pour over the lettuce.

No comments:

Post a Comment