Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Herbal Remedies For Cats

So I have written one post in the past about natural remedies for pets, when my sister in laws dog had gotten bit while they were by us for the weekend. 

Also in the past I have had great success treating my cats eye infections with chamomile tea.

But in the past few days our cat has gotten a cold and my son who is really attached to our pets really wants me to take her to the vet. 

The truth is that we are on a tight budget right now and the vet is not covered by our medical insurance. 

So I did a bit of online research and what I really understood is simple, I am going to try to treat my cats cold the same way I would treat a persons cold, I just need to adjust the method used to give her the remedies.

My plan is to make the same winter tea that I use for children.

Chamomile
Catnip
Yarrow
Elder
Linden 

Mix it with some chicken or tuna fish, not sugar and water like I do for the kids.

Also I want to get some good essential oils in her system. So my plan is to get her into a small bathroom and steam the place up, and then add the oils to some steaming water.

I think that that should do the trick, I will write a follow up post and let you know.   

No comments:

Post a Comment