Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Herbal Remedies For Athletes Foot

Athletes Foot is a fungal infection that usually starts between toes three and four, and four and five. the moist environment in the area creates just the right setting for some nice fungus to settle in and make them selves at home.

The biggest problem is that if  you let it go untreated then it can get into the toe nails and that is very difficult to get rid of.

Applying tea tree oil directly to the infected are is extremely helpful. Use soothing herbs for the skin that also have anti fungal properties like calendula and alo vera. Chamomile cream can be used to relieve redness, itching and irritation.

The most important factor is consistence. Apply a cream or salve with any of the above mentioned herb several times a day until your feet are fully fungus free. 

So I wrote this post a few years ago and going through it now I feel that I have a lot to add.


This is a condition that I personally suffer from and over the past few years I have been successful in getting it somewhat under control.


The most effective change that I have found is to wear sandals as much as possible. The use of medication and herbal powders when wearing closed shoes has been a big help as well. 


Washing the feet with a herbal tea made with herbs such as Chamomile, mint, lavender, oregano and any other soothing herb can be helpful to relieve itching.


It is really funny to me that I give such suggestions all the time but so rarely do them myself. 


Just a side thought.


Also fresh Aloe Vera and Aloe creams can be great. 


This I actually have done in the past. 


My wife thinks that going to the beach is the best answer for any problem and when treating athlete's foot, she may very well be correct. 


Right actually she is always correct, never mind.


But sea salt has been found to be very effective in treating athlete's foot, so just go to the beach and soak your feet in the waves. 


You can also try soaking your feet in four thieves' vinegar, that should kill it off.


Just another one that I have not tried myself yet. 




No comments:

Post a Comment