Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Treating The Big Bug

In the past I have come across that one bug, maybe a bacterial or viral infection, that I just thought there was no choice but to give anti-beotics.


Just this past week I came in contact with one such bug.


This is a true story that just happened this past week, and as a matter of fact is still going on.


My youngest son is in a day care. If you are a parent and have already been through the day care system you will know exactly what I am talking about, and if you don’t know what I am talking about then now you will be prepared.


Most of these kids walk around all winter long with a runny nose. I really don’t want to get to in detail but it could be kind of gross.


To my great satisfaction I have been successful in treating the runny nose and it turns out that by treating runny nose I was able to successfully treat the big bug.


So last week half of my youngest son’s day care was home sick. Now this wasn’t just the runny nose but bad cough and fever. My son was still fine but then he started to get this cough.


Over the weekend he got the fever though and that’s when I said “oh s!@t”, it’s the big bug.


Now at this point I added garlic an essential oil rub to the regular herbal formula that I give my kids to treat the runny nose, and I also increased the dose of the herbal formula.


The essential oil rub that I used was a very simple one.


10 drops eucalyptus oil
10 drops lavender oil
2 table spoons olive oil


This I Rubbed on my three year olds back and chest about three times a day. In addition I would add the same oils to his bath with a spill of apple cider vinegar.


After the weekend my kid was good to go but then my oldest who is eleven called home from school.


In short my eleven year old is home sick but the thing is he never takes the runny nose herbs because he hates the taste.


Now I am going to start to treat my oldest and I will let you all know how it goes.


What needs to be taken from this story is what I have said time and time again, the most important part in treatment, is prevention.


If my oldest would have been taking the runny nose herbs the whole time he probably would not have gotten sick, but hind sight is always 20/20 right?

No comments:

Post a Comment