Thursday, July 30, 2020

The Placebo Effect And How We Can Use It



The placebo effect is a very interesting Phenomena.


It is the basis of any double blind clinical trial that is used to determine if a new drug is actually effective in treating a physical condition.


A placebo is a substance that contains no active ingredients that is administered to a group of people that think that they are actually taking a drug. 


“How Does the Placebo Effect Work?

Research on the placebo effect has focused on the relationship of mind and body. One of the most common theories is that the placebo effect is due to a person's expectations. If a person expects a pill to do something, then it's possible that the body's own chemistry can cause effects similar to what a medication might have caused.”


pubmed.com


In my opinion this is a perfect example of how our thoughts create our reality.


It goes to show us that what we expect to happen will very well manifest itself and become a reality. 


You may think that I am pulling this out of perspective, but if you look at the world of positive thinking philosophy you will see that I am far from the first to make this suggestion. 


What if we would just change what we want to what we expect?


The point that I am trying to make is that if we expect what we want then perhaps we will be able to create the future that we want. 


Easier said than done, yes. But the method is that simple. 


My suggestion is to feel the way you would if you were garounted that the future that you want was going to happen. 


This is what I have been working on doing in my life and I have found it to be effective. 


I hope that this can help you as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment